Located in Kochi, Kerala, the Jewish Synagogue is floored with beautifully painted Chinese tiles. No two tiles resemble each other. Built in 1568 by the prosperous Jewish trading community, its interiors are decorated with Belgian chandeliers and grand lighting. Has rolls of Old Testament, old copper plates that have souvenirs and records of the privileges bestowed upon the Rajahs of Kochi. It is the oldest existing synagogue in the Commonwealth countries. Although it was partially destroyed in 1662, it was later rebuilt by the Dutch. A clock tower was added in the mid 18th century.