Syrian cookie recipe perfect for Passover since the ingredients do not include flour.
Serves: Makes 18 cookies
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Mizrahi Parve Dessert
1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios
2 large eggs, whites only
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1) Grind pistachios finely in a food processor and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form (mixer setting on high).
3) Carefully pour sugar over stiff egg whites and fold in with a wooden spoon.
4) Add the pistachios and fold in.
5) Place tablespoons of dough on a greased cookie sheet, arranged about one inch apart.
6) Bake at 300 degrees (F)until lightly golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
7) Allow cookies to cool before removing from cookie sheet.
To see the original source and author of this please go to this URL: